Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ricotta cheese

Pin It
Here is the yummy ricotta cheese, the one I used in the previous dip post.  I had no idea it was so extremely simple and quick it was to make! So now I will be making this whenever I need or want some instead of the store bought.  Yes, store bought is also simple and quick to go pick up, but there is just something about how what you make tastes so much better.  A sense of accomplishment and knowing it was your hard work that made it! So I hope you all try it and enjoy it as well!

Utenstils:

Stainer
Fine mesh cheesecloth
Spatula
Meauring spoons
Saucepan

Ingredients:

2qt whole milk 
1cup heavy cream 
1tsp salt 
3T lemon juice

Combine milk, cream and salt in saucepan.
Heat on high and stir occasionally. (keep an eye on this as it will boil over if you don't turn the heat down once it starts to boil.)
Bring to a boil and then add lemon juice and turn to med heat.
Stir constantly for two minutes.
Pour into the strainer lined with cheesecloth. (I do this over the sink, but you may also do it over another pot and save the liquid to make mozzarella!!)









Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this recipe. It sounds easy, I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete