Monday, January 23, 2012

Dips

Pin It
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Kale and Artichoke Dip

So my weekend consisted of a CubScout Pinewood Derby and making dips for the playoff games! 
Here is the bragging...Zach won 3rd place and it was his first derby race ever!(I am a little bit of a proud mom.)
Back to the dips! And no I don't mean people...edible dips!  I love dips, especially during football season.  Something easy to make and easy to eat too!  So check these two out...Make 'em for the SUPERBOWL!

Utensils:


Spatula
Bowl
Chef knife
Container to bake in(I used large muffin tins, since I was doing more than one and I also did not want to make massive amounts since it's just me eating it!!)




Jalapeno Popper Dip
Ingredients:


3 jalapenos, deseeded/veined, roasted, diced
5oz cream cheese
1oz goat cheese
2oz heavy cream
2T egg whites(I use the box liquid egg whites, you can use fresh, but I think it's easier this way)
2oz shredded pepper jack cheese(you can really use whatever cheese you like, cheddar, mozzarella etc.)
1tsp salt
1/2tsp black pepper


Mix all the ingredients together well.
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Place mixed ingredients into baking dish.
Sprinkle with a little more cheese and I added some bread crumbs to the top as well.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.












Spinach and Artichoke Dip:


Ingredients:


4oz ricotta(my next post will show you how to make this)
1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
1 cup spinach, if frozen-thaw, drain, chop, if fresh-saute with butter, salt, chop
*oh and I used kale as an alternative to spinach, super healthy just like spinach and it gives a slightly different flavor to this dip. Take a look at the bottom article about the 8 most nutrient dense foods.
4oz mozzarella cheese
1oz parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper



Mix all ingredients together well.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Place ingredients in your baking dish and sprinkle with a little more parmesan.
Bake for 25-30minutes.



Ok so I used kale btw.  It is pretty darn healthy!


Health Watch:
http://www.organicauthority.com/health/most-nutrient-dense-healthy-foods-on-earth.html

http://www.kalenutrition.net/

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment